Install GoToMeeting on a MacLast Updated on
Step-by-Step Installation Instructions for Mac OSX Users
Step 1: Setup a Free Account:
Before you can install GoToMeeting on your Mac you need to create an account. If you don’t already have an account, GoToMeeting offers a free 30 day trial. The free trial doesn’t require a commitment. You can cancel at any time.
Step 2: Install the Software:
Once you’ve created your GoToMeeting account, you need to install the software. You’ll be prompted to install the software when you complete the sign up process. If you need to re-download the software, you can do it by following this link (you must have an account). When prompted, make sure you click the “Always run on this site” button, otherwise, the installation will fail.
Step 3: Meet Now or Schedule a Meeting
Once you’ve installed the software you’ll be prompted to “Meet Now” or “Schedule a Meeting”. If you’re not ready to host your first meeting, just close the window. GoToMeeting saves a quick-start icon to your desktop, so you can instantly start a meeting in the future. You can move this shortcut to your dock, or any other location.
System Requirements for Mac OSX Users
For non-techies: Just about any Mac running an intel processor can run GoToMeeting (e.g. 2006 or newer).
- Operating system requirements: Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), or 10.7 (Lion)
- Internet Connection recommendations – DSL, Cable, or LAN for desktop clients. 3G, 4G, or WiFi connection for mobile users.
- Hardware recommendations for meeting presenters – 1.5 GHZ (or higher) dual core processor, 2GB of RAM.
GoToMeeting Integrated Audio Requirements (for VOIP users)
- A broadband internet connection (512kb or higher is recommended)
- Microphone and speakers (USB mic is recommended, but not required)
GoToMeeting HD Faces (Video Conferencing) Requirements
- Any webcam, or an external video camera plugged into your computer
The installation process takes less than 5 minutes. We’ve installed GoToMeeting on a dozen different Mac OSX machines, and haven’t ran into any issues.
You may need admin rights to your Mac in order to install the GoToMeeting software. If you don’t have admin rights, check with your IT department for assistance.